2012 Trends Shaping the Formation of a
Capital Markets “Community”
Commissioned by NYSE Euronext and produced by Aite Group, this report analyzes key industry trends shaping the future of global capital markets and examines the potential role of an open and neutral capital markets community within the context of market evolution.
Below are key takeaways from the report—click the link to the right to download the full report.
- The world is shrinking, driven by market and technology innovations that are paving the way for traders to closely analyze new market opportunities outside of their domestic borders.
- Regulatory pressure has increased dramatically over the last few years as regulators look to find the difficult balance between fostering growth and preventing the next global financial crisis.
- Cost control has become a key decision driver for technology implementations.
- Key market participants are open to outsourcing components of their trading infrastructure as long as the alternative is better, faster, and cheaper.
- The concept of an open and neutral capital markets community, viewed from an industry-utility perspective, is gaining traction among players seeking to address major market issues.